Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Kinbreak

For bothies in the West Highlands and Islands

Moderators: gus, admin

Re: Kinbreak

Postby GAZNI » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Well folks had a trek in to this bothy yesterday it doesn't get any easier up the so called track, the estate are trying in vain with a mini digger to do something with it but it only making it worse, the amount of times my wellies got stuck in the mire only made me think this must be the track from hell, to walk in and out about 16kms and the lift from 80m to 460m with a big pack exhausting in the squelch,but if your a glutton for punishment like me it makes up for it with views and a great place to stay with deer on your doorstep, well worth it in the end as the scenery on way out to Gulvain in late evening when mountain bright red was a highlight :D :D :D
GAZNI
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby auljock » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm

were ye stashing coal LOL, we should be fine for the next work party surely july will be dry and warm.
The more I learn the more I realise how little I know.
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby GAZNI » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 am

Cant divulge tat info AJ or someone might go hunting in ta hills ha :lol:
GAZNI
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby GAZNI » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Attended ta rave/workparty lots of good work done,new bench,roof now 2 tone black and red soon to be all black,and many other jobs done,place looks more like a bothy ta noo, walk in still a bog feast even in the summer so at lest gaiters a must :D
GAZNI
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Previous

Return to West Highlands and Islands