Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

newsletter

A place to talk about general bothy stuff

Moderators: gus, admin

newsletter

Postby auljock » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:18 am

That was an excellent piece you put in Gus, sounded idylic especially the bit about the bag of shit :lol: seriously though it was a great description of the walk in plus some good,if somewhat dirty maintenance when you got there. Well done on the work and the article.
The more I learn the more I realise how little I know.
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Re: newsletter

Postby YorkshireScot » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Likewise Jock

See my bit about Rowchoish in SWH&H. I carry shite and the rest to the fire on a spade, blast the spade on the fire to kill everything, then give my hands a right good clean. You never know what might happen....

Richard
YorkshireScot
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby piper » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 am

Aye good read Gus...who are these pricks that use the bothy facilities, then walk away with the fuck it attitude ?
happiness was, a pint of beer and a venison burger in the mar lodge bar!
piper
Fire hogger
Fire hogger

Postby auljock » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Just read it there Richard, its a real pain clearing up other folks shite its the worst part of the MO tasks. The upside is the amount of times I've went to the bothy and its spick and span with kindling set in the fire, so not all visitors are dickheads. Just the other week Gaz and myself were up at Invermallie there were 4 in residence and they were great company. Telling tales of their week long trip through knoydart and swapping funny stories about other bothy trips, it fairly lifts your spirits. I hear Mark cottage is looking for a new MO its a fine wee bothy. Hmmm might think about that :wink: :lol:
The more I learn the more I realise how little I know.
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby gus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Aye, tidying up other folks shite is a bit of a recurring theme. And if I'm honest about it then we will probably be doing it for ever as there will always be a new generation that needs to be educated and taught the proper ways to enjoy the outdoors.
Rubbish is always going to end up in bothies and we M.O.s just have to get on with it.
Nice story Richard.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Return to General bothy stuff