Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

borders bothy accociation

A place to talk about general bothy stuff

Moderators: gus, admin

borders bothy accociation

Postby hemihaggis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi , I'm looking to see if anyone knows what happened to the "borders bothies accociation" ..is it still going ? is it gone ? , I remember they had some posh bothies in the tweed valley ...any information would be greatly appreciated ..kind regards Paul c
hemihaggis
Fire starter
Fire starter

Re: borders bothy accociation

Postby GAZNI » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Hemihaggis they are defo still going strong stayed in one of their places not long ago, I think most of them are locked and are not a open shelter, you would need to get in touch with one of the members to ask on access,they are in southern scotland mainly, some of them are also mba members as well, hope this helps :D
GAZNI
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby gus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi Paul, the misnamed BBA are still there, they acquired a building in Glen Etive recently.
However they do not want any publicity on this website and have asked me to remove it in the past, as there buildings are locked and you have to pay for them then I do not consider them to be bothies and think that they are not worth mentioning on a bothy website, maybe a B&B or hostel website somewhere.
I'm pretty sure they don't have a website for non-publicity purposes.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby gus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Hemihaggis, I've PM'd you.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Return to General bothy stuff