Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

White Laggan

For bothies in Southern Scotland

Moderators: gus, admin

White Laggan

Postby Kev&Skye » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:02 pm

I know wee Rab has done an amazing job with White Laggan but clowns like these in this video dinnie help wish the arse had got hurt the track looked very bad http://www.youtube.com/user/Ayrshore#p/u

kev and skye
Kev&Skye
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Re: White Laggan

Postby Lithgae Jim » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:59 pm

couldnt watch all the way through, cant waste my time watching such fucking stupidity.
Hutchies for me, Hutchies for me.....
Lithgae Jim
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby The Bothy Ghost » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:40 am

I've seen that before, Kev. There wisnae any damage done, 'cos he landed on his fuckin heid!
"Sha Hoor Jess, ye've pit the lum up!"
The Bothy Ghost
Fire hogger

Postby Willie Sanquhar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Took a walk over Millfore and Curlywee on Sunday dropping down to White Laggan on the way out. Delighted to report that the place was in perfect condition and I couldn't even find an empty bottle to carry out. Long may it continue.
Willie Sanquhar
Fire starter
Fire starter

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks Willie. Don't forget to let the maintenance organiser know through the MBA website here:
http://mountainbothies.org.uk/makebothy ... othy_id=83
Geoff
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby BenightedBivvy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:35 am

I stayed in White Laggan bothy a little over a week ago, it was in very good condition.

It is the first time I have used a bothy like it and was not quite sure what I would find, but I was amazed at the quality of what was available, it really made our trip!

The previous night, we camped on the summit of Benyellary in very cold, wet and windy conditions (which was fantastic) and the bothy provided us with a cosy and convenient place to dry out our kit!

Video of the bothy here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DLeInqLLzg

I have already submitted a bothy report to the MBA, but if anyone reads this then thank you again.
BenightedBivvy
Fire starter
Fire starter

Postby theac3man » Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Stayed friday and saturday night, bothy in brilliant condition. Personally up till now it has to be my favourite..... whats everyone else's? need to better it for the next trip away!

cheers Chris
theac3man
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby bothybill84 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Always was a great wee bothy stayed in it many times while fishing at loch valley and loch dee. Has the upstairs been sealed off been a while since ive been might need tae go back soon.
bothybill84
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby auljock » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Two great nights spent in white laggan to celebrate St andrews night with joke and rab who had just fitted a new door before we arrived, we were joined by wullie the mo for greensykes and we all had a great wee night. :D
A group of 6 cyclists also arrived on the sat so we were a bit subdued that evening to allow them a good nights sleep.The weather was very kind to us fairly cold and frosty but dry with a crystal clear starry night couldn't ask for much more.
The more I learn the more I realise how little I know.
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby bothybill84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 pm

spent the weekend up a white laggan. Bothy its self is in to to bad a state although no bothy book no brush no wood left for us and the wood shed is atleast half full of festering rubbish apart from that had a great weekend in a really nice spot with only a battalion of the royal reg of scotland fur company they were on an exercise and there was an armed checkpoint at the bottom of the hill next to the road good time had by all really like the star gazing chairs down the hill from the bothy nice addition to the scenery . :mrgreen:
bothybill84
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby auljock » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Aye bill expecting wid left for you and rubbish carried out is most bothiers dream trip. :roll: :lol:
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby bothybill84 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm

true auldjock although a half filled woodshed wae rubbish is out of order then again the bothy itself was in fairly good nick
bothybill84
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby kcudehtnilok » Mon May 15, 2017 9:38 am

Spend Saturday night at the bothy after walking in from Clattershaws Loch with a group. Rather wet and windy so the bothy was a welcome sight.
Happy to report the bothy was in good condition generally, a few bags of rubbish left in the wood shed, carried some out but still some left. There was no firewood when we arrived so I headed back out and found a few downed trees the take, sad to see the amount of rubbish left in the woods around there.
Found it hard to keep the fire going with the wet wood but left a pile of split logs inside and a few more large pieces in the wood shed.
Hopefully the bothy stays in its current good condition as a I plan to return in the future. :D
kcudehtnilok
Fire starter
Fire starter

Postby auljock » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Well done,if everyone took out a wee bit of rubbish and left some fuel it would make bothy visits a bit more pleasant. I think the guys who look after the place have plans for a makeover for the bothy so it should be even better next time you visit.
auljock
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Postby Kev&Skye » Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 am

Aye Jock big B and co are fitting a new Dowling stove and lots of widwork,place is getting well looked after and respected lets jist hope this continues over the summer noo numptie season is back on us.

Kev
Kev&Skye
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Return to Southern Scotland