Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Haughtongreen

For bothies in the Northern England & Borders

Moderators: gus, admin

Re: Haughtongreen

Postby Booga » Tue May 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Attended the work party here at the weekend, jobs done include fitting of some windows, chimney swept, interior and doors painted, some flaunching on the roof to stop a leak, wall outside front door built up and new carpets on the bunks. Byre was cleaned up and wood chopped thanks to Jason the Green MO and his chainsaw.

The door of the stove is currently away for repair but should be back soon.
Booga
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby onetrailmind » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Thinking of heading to Haughtongreen in the next few weeks for my first bothy experience. Any recent reports on its condition and tips on where to park? I had thought Once Brewed but it doesn't seem like you can park overnight?
onetrailmind
Fire starter
Fire starter

Postby gus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi there OTM, welcome to the virtual bothy, sorry but I've not been here yet, so I can't help out.

Just roll the die and go with it.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Previous

Return to Northern England & Borders