Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

OUTHER HEBRIDIAN ADVENTURE

The place to advertise where you're going and see if you can car share

Moderators: gus, admin

OUTHER HEBRIDIAN ADVENTURE

Postby phg201 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Planning a trip in June / July, kayaking the outer Hebrides on our own not through an agent / guide.

I've found one Bothy location online north of Castlebay but nothing else, can any one make any suggestions?

Our trip will be focused around South of Castlebay right down to Barra Head, sea caves / stack locations & places to visit are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Current info i've found: https://www.mappit.net/layers/mountain- ... /#bothy=27
phg201
Fire starter
Fire starter

Re: OUTHER HEBRIDIAN ADVENTURE

Postby gus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi there phg201, the only coastal bothy I know of in the Outer Hebrides is Uisinish, there are others up there, but they are mostly onshore estate fishing bothies.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Re: OUTHER HEBRIDIAN ADVENTURE

Postby gus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:49 pm

I might be wrong but I think Uidhe bothy on Taransay might still be open. It was closed to film a reality tv series for a year. Contact the owners for info.
Gus Fair.It tak's a lang spin tae sup wi' a fifer.
gus
Bothy fire tender
Bothy fire tender

Return to Arrange a trip