Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gameshope

For bothies in Southern Scotland

Moderators: gus, admin

Gameshope

Postby chopper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Is it that there no bridge 2 cross at gamehope , do u have 2 jump the stream and can walk from st mary loch via the pub:)
chopper
Fire starter
Fire starter

Re: Gamehope

Postby Waderider » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Chopper-

No bridge at Gameshope; well there was a rough n ready MBA (Mountain Bridge Association) affair at one point, made of stones and planks, but it didn't last one spate. The track is on the opposite side of the burn to the bothy, but it's an easy ford, right at the bothy. But as the photos in the bothy prove, when up the burn is uncrossable. In such a situation I guess you could make it by the trackless bank.

I'm not aware of any pubs in easy stomping distance. Best take a bottle of whisky. No fireplace by the way....seems to bother some folk. I might visit next week, I'm due a borders bike tour.

Jeff
Waderider
Wid burner
Wid burner

Re: Gamehope

Postby The Phantom MO » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm

I have struck again

No one was about as I swooped on Gameshope. I took in candles, pens, a lighter and left a new bothy book as the new one is almost full. I swept out the bothy, took out some old disposable bbq's, bottles, rubbish and generaly tidied up.

who knows where I'll strike next..........

yours

The Phantom MO
The Phantom MO
Fire starter
Fire starter

Return to Southern Scotland