Welcome
Welcome to ukbothies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

£5 Citylink Return Ticket offer

A place to talk about general bothy stuff

Moderators: gus, admin

£5 Citylink Return Ticket offer

Postby james73 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm

http://www.citylink.co.uk/newoffer.php

We've joined forces with the Sunday Mail newspaper to introduce a £5 return offer between any two points across our network.

We are giving away 10,000 seats under this fantastic offer so you will need to be quick if you want to travel to destinations such as Aberdeen, Oban, Inverness and Skye for just £5 return.

Our fast and frequent services operate to more than 200 towns and cities across the country with over 400 services per day on comfortable, modern coaches.

Whether you want to explore the beautiful scenery of the Highlands, enjoy the culture and vibrancy of Glasgow or the history of Edinburgh, we always provide the perfect way to travel.

How to Book

To book your tickets, simply go to the Journey Planner and enter our full promotional code (all lower case letters, no spaces between words) to receive the discounted fares.

If you are booking through Citylink’s contact centre then simply give the promotional code over the phone to the advisor. There is no booking fee though delivery charges may apply (see terms & conditions).

Please Note: If you do not enter/quote the promotional code, you will be charged the standard fare for the journey.

The promotional code will appear in two parts, the first part will appear in the Sunday Mail on 29th March and the second part will appear in the Daily Record on Monday 30th March. The full code will appear in the Daily Record on Tuesday 31st March.

Terms and Conditions

* The Scottish Citylink Sunday Mail Offer is available for outward and return travel from 1 April to 30 April 2009 inclusive.
* The offer is available on all Citylink services for travel within Scotland
* The offer is available on all megabus.com services in Scotland booked through Citylink website and contact centre
* No further child or concession rates are available.
* Tickets must be booked through the Scottish Citylink website or via the Scottish Citylink contact centre.
* The promotion is not valid for tickets purchased on board the bus or through Scottish Citylink offices and appointed agents
* The offer is available as a single, Day Return or Return ticket
* Tickets are non refundable and non changeable.
* A delivery charge where applicable will be added. For delivery of tickets, postage will be charged at 50p and text tickets at 10p. There is no charge for e-tickets.
* The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
* Scottish Citylink reserves the right to cancel any transaction and/or withdraw tickets if the full terms and conditions are not met.
* All customers traveling are subject to the Standard Conditions of Carriage of Scottish Citylink Coaches Ltd.

PROMO CODE: dailyoffer

James H
james73
Wid burner
Wid burner

Re: £5 Citylink Return Ticket offer

Postby Dr Scallopboy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Nice one :D Now to find a weekend I can escape the city.....
I'm having a beer for breakfast to prove how rock and roll I am
Dr Scallopboy
Wid burner
Wid burner

Postby stravaiger » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Cheers Bud, just booked Perth to Glenfinnan for next week, was going to cost me £57 with first shitrail. that means £52 to spend on malt whisky and coal for a week at Peanmeanach and Corryhully. nice one.

Paul
stravaiger
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby mhadaidh Beag » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:35 pm

er ....do Citylink go from the Fort to Glenfinnan ., methinks no
mhadaidh Beag
Master wid burner
Master wid burner

Postby james73 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:31 pm

mhadaidh Beag wrote:er ....do Citylink go from the Fort to Glenfinnan ., methinks no

I don't think so either, but Shiel Buses go from the Fort to Mallaig...

James H
james73
Wid burner
Wid burner

Postby Aye Right » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:55 pm

No thanks. Having to sit in a bus full of OAP's smelling of pish and imperial mints puts me off traveling in public transport. I'll just stick to a car.
Aye Right
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby alanandtracey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Aye Right wrote:No thanks. Having to sit in a bus full of OAP's smelling of pish and imperial mints puts me off traveling in public transport. I'll just stick to a car.

My first thoughts too! But 5 squid! (Bring on the wrinklies!!!) :P
SH*T happens, just ride the wave.!!!
alanandtracey
Master wid burner
Master wid burner

Postby mhadaidh Beag » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

ah but in the summer Citylink is full of long-legged students many of whom are female :) :) :)

you could always offer them private language lessons in a bothy later :) :) :) :)

pensioners don't use the buses in the summer 'cos the students get there first

you can always direct the male students to Culra :) :)
mhadaidh Beag
Master wid burner
Master wid burner

Postby stravaiger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Bloody hope citylink go to Glenfinnan, Ive got the ticket in front of me!!, the service number is SB01 right enough so I take it thats Sheil Buses, but It still only cost me a fiver with the citlink offer! Result.
stravaiger
Fire prodder
Fire prodder

Postby james73 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 am

Shittylink don't go to Glenfinnan. They go as far as Fort William.

Shiel Buses run services along the road to Mallaig twice a day (except weekends) and the drivers will drop you off anywhere on the road - as long as you're not a cant....

Do a search for Shiel Buses timetables...

James H
Last edited by james73 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james73
Wid burner
Wid burner

Postby alanandtracey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:54 am

Cheers James...the last wee bit o yer post had me near pishin masel. :lol:
Moral of the story...Don't be a c**t if yer on a bus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SH*T happens, just ride the wave.!!!
alanandtracey
Master wid burner
Master wid burner

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 pm

I've used Citylink a few times and it's been pretty good! Thanks for this. Pity it's not on in May or me and my mate would have used it.
Geoff
Apprentice wid burner
Apprentice wid burner

Postby The Bothy Ghost » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm

The last time I used a City Link bus, or any long run bus come to that, was from Manchester Airport to Edinburgh at something horrible like 1 in the morning. It had come from some god forsaken place like Penzance and a concoction of chemicals and stale pish was running oot the door. :mrgreen:

They should pay you a fiver for using their busses.

Never again!
"Sha Hoor Jess, ye've pit the lum up!"
The Bothy Ghost
Fire hogger

Postby james73 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 pm

james73
Wid burner
Wid burner

Postby james73 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:41 pm

We've joined forces with the Sunday Mail newspaper to introduce a £5 return offer between any two points across
our network.

We are giving away 10,000 seats under this fantastic offer so you will need to be quick if you want to travel to
destinations such as Aberdeen, Oban, Inverness and Skye for just £5 return.

Our fast and frequent services operate to more than 200 towns and cities across the country with over 400
services per day on comfortable, modern coaches.

Whether you want to explore the beautiful scenery of the Highlands, enjoy the culture and vibrancy of Glasgow or
the history of Edinburgh, we always provide the perfect way to travel.

How to Book

To book your tickets, simply log on to the Citylink website at www.citylink.co.uk, enter your travel information,
number of standard passengers and promotional code in the Journey Planner and receive the discounted fares.
Alternatively, you can call our contact centre on 08705 50 50 50 and simply quote the promotional code to the
advisor.

Please Note: If you do not enter/quote the promotional code, you will be charged the standard fare for the journey.

The full promotional code will appear in the Sunday Mail on the 4th October and in the Daily Record on Monday 5th
and Tuesday 6th October.

Terms and Conditions

* The Scottish Citylink Sunday Mail Offer is available for outward and return travel from 4 to 31 October 2009 inclusive.
* The offer is available on all Citylink services for travel within Scotland
* The offer is available on all megabus.com services in Scotland booked through Citylink website and contact centre
* No further child or concession rates are available.
* Tickets must be booked through the Scottish Citylink website or via the Scottish Citylink contact centre.
* The promotion is not valid for tickets purchased on board the bus or through Scottish Citylink offices and appointed agents
* The offer is available as a single, Day Return or Return ticket
* Tickets are non refundable and non changeable.
* A delivery charge where applicable will be added. For delivery of tickets, postage will be charged at 50p and text tickets at 10p. There is no charge for e-tickets.
* The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
* Scottish Citylink reserves the right to cancel any transaction and/or withdraw tickets if the full terms and conditions are not met.
* All customers traveling are subject to the Standard Conditions of Carriage of Scottish Citylink Coaches Ltd.

Promo code: discounttravel

James H
james73
Wid burner
Wid burner

Next

Return to General bothy stuff